These Terms are an agreement between you and Simpled Limited. In these Terms references to “Simpled” “us”, “we” and “our” mean Simpled Limited. These Terms give you specific legal rights. You may also have other rights, which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
- Types of Information Collected
We may collect the following personal and device information through our smart device, mobile applications, and web applications (our “Products” or “Services”) and from visitors to our website simpled.uk (the “Site”)
Personal & Account Information
- Information you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number and the location of each device.
- Information necessary to complete a purchase from our Site, and other information necessary to complete your transaction, as well as any other information that you choose to provide to us when making a purchase.
- If you are invited to create an account from the owner of a Simpled product we will collect your name and email address from the Simpled user that invited you. Your email address and other account details will be obtained directly from you during the setup process, provided that you accept the invitation.
- Unique identifiers such as your user name and password.
Notice and User Acknowledgment Regarding Biometrics and Device Information
- The following sets forth Simpled’s statement regarding biometric identifiers and information associated with its Products.
- Simpled’s Products use a unique encryption algorithm to decompose finger scan image data to create template data that is then used to trigger the Product’s locking mechanism, this data cannot be reversed to a fingerprint image and cannot be used by a third party. Simpled Products do not capture, collect, obtain, or record users’ fingerprints and no information stored within the Products are transmitted outside the Products and will never be shared to any third party.
- Certain legislative bodies have enacted laws governing the commercial use of biometric-facilitated transactions. Although Simpled does not perform or control the collection of such data, customers who use Simpled Products including for commercial transactions may be responsible for adhering to those laws.
- You acknowledge and agree that any notice, disclosure, consent, or other obligations that may be applicable to the use of Simpled Products under laws governing biometric-facilitated transactions are your responsibility, not that of Simpled; You further agree to release and hold harmless Simpled from any liability associated with any notice, disclosure, consent, or other obligation that may be applicable to the Products with respect to alleged biometric identifiers and biometric information. Nothing in this provision limits the applicability of the “Our Limitation of Liability,” “Disputes with Simpled,” or any other provision in these Terms.
- How Simpled Collects Your Information
If you have filled out forms on our website, signed up on our mobile app or contacted us by phone or email, you may be providing us with information about you, which may include personal information. This includes information you provide when you register on the Simpled website or mobile app, register or return a Simpled product, subscribe to any of our services, search for a product, place an order on our website, downloaded software and apps, reported a problem with the Simpled website or our products, or requested support.
We may automatically collect information when you use the Simpled website or mobile app, such as technical information, including the IP address used to connect your computer or other device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform and language preferences. This information is all normally provided by your web browser or smartphone, and we do not specifically request it. Other information collected include data regarding your visit to the Simpled website, including the URL clickstream to, through and from our website, products you viewed or searched for, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, videos watched, and methods used to browse away from the page.
Cookies, Other Web Tools
We use automatic data collection tools like cookies, embedded web links and widgets. These tools collect information that your browser or your mobile device sends to the Simpled website, such as computer IP address, browser type, and service provider. We may use web tools to identify the user’s country and language and distinguish you from other visitors to the Simpled website. We also use web tools to save your registration information for future use on our website. To optimise your browsing experience by preloading certain features of our website and services on future visits to make loading times faster and more efficient. These tools help us customise and provide you with a more personal experience when visiting the Simpled website. Web tools help us analyse website traffic, such as number of visitors.
It may be necessary for legal purposes for Simpled to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose your information if we determine that disclosure is necessary to enforce our terms and conditions. Furthermore, in the event of a corporate merger, company restructure, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
- How Simpled Uses Your Information
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you user services and improve the Simpled Product functionality and user experience.
- To fulfil orders and process payments for the sale of Products or Services from our Site.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the Simpled app. You can manage your preferences within the mobile app settings.
- Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our Site and Products, both on an aggregated and individualised basis, in order to improve our Site, our Products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
- Choices You Have to Limit Information Collection
Some features of our app use location-based data. If you allow these services, we will use information about the Wi-Fi routers and cell IDs of the towers closest to you. We use this information to facilitate the device’s features including Auto Unlock and Knock to Open etc., for customer support related to our Products. You may disable location services within your phone’s settings menu.
- Retention of Personal Information
For visitors from the UK or European Union, the legal basis for this data processing is:
Performance as necessary to support a contract, including fulfilling product orders, enabling the functionality of the website, providing customer support, and notifying you of account or important product updates.
Our legitimate interest to process the data, including to protect the security or integrity of the website, to carry out statistical or other analysis, to understand and improve upon the Services, and to provide you with marketing or other communications about relevant products or services which may be of interest.
With your consent for third party products or services, or with select advertising services.
In order to comply with a legal obligation.
- Security of Your Information
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information transmitted to us, both during transmission and upon receipt. No method of transmission or electronic storage is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about the security of our Products can contact us at [email protected]
- Contact Us
85 Great Portland Street